Saturday 14 June 2014

Saeco GranBaristo Automatic Coffee Machine - Review

After using this coffee maker for two weeks, I am just beginning to start liking it.
Why did it take me so long? The reason is simple. I was using the Primea Touch plus coffeemaker before the GranBaristo.. It was the bomb. Fantastic machine. Fully programmable, with color LCD touchscreen, able to make 2 units milk beverage at a single touch and not forgetting, auto wake up with different timings. I can program the machine to wake up automatically each morning so that the machine is ready to make my cappuccino before going to work.



Unfortunately, the Primea Touch Plus (looks bad doesn't it) is dying...I held off long enough before buying a new machine. Saeco, after being bought by Philips, was was not a desirable brand to me. Service went downhill, they do not even stock some of the Prime Touch plus cleaning powders. Oh well.. I was looking at other brands... But somehow, all roads lead back to Saeco. I got a Saeco Exprelia as my personal coffee maker in the office (lol, but that is another story) and now the GranBaristo for home.




It is a beautiful machine. Touch buttons, with nice lights (but no touch LCD panel though, a pity) and with a very slim profile, the new unit leaves me with more space on my kitchen counter top. Unit is made up of a combination of chrome and plastic, It has a nice chrome panel in front and white plastic materials on the side as well as the top. Some people like it (my friends do), but I don't. I would prefer the whole machine to be chrome (lol)...but that is wishful thinking.

 

Unit has a very interesting feature. It has a removable bean hopper. I can just take out the whole container and replace it with another (containers are optional). What this means is that, if I am in the mood for other types (and blends) of coffee beans, I can just swipe one for another. No need to empty the container for another variety of coffee beans. Very suitable if U have guests who prefers decaffeinated coffee.



Maintenance is a lot easier than the Primea Touch plus. All one has to do is to press the button on the front, right-side panel to open the service door (service door - official name as stated by the user manual.. lol). To clean the unit and to remove used coffee grounds, just slide out the drip tray with the coffee grounds container on top. Cleaning the brewer unit is also easy. Just pull it out with one finger (ha ha ha ha ha) as mentioned on the label (on the pict). I like it.





I really like the milk carafe. It is so easy to use and maintain as compared to the Primea Touch plus machine as well as the Saeco Exprelia. All one has to do is to insert the carafe to the machine, slide the milk spout out (make sure U hear a click sound). and that is it. No fuss,  no mess. Once a week, take apart the black plastic parts and clean them in water. So easy.


Would love to have an auto wake-up function on this unit, but unfortunately, no. But I think the rest of the features makes this machine a very good buy. As for the taste, I like it that I can program everything, from temperature of the drinks, all the way to the type of beans that I put in. Love, love love.  On the whole, the beverages taste a lot better than the Primea Touch Plus... lol


Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment