Saturday 14 June 2014

Louis Vuitton Monogram Revelation - Blast from the past

This bag is my first expensive, exclusive Louis Vuitton. I saw it on the Runway, Fall/winter 2009/2010 to be exact.

The bag is distinctive with its raised Monogram pattern on soft black, grained veal leather which is inspired by scarification. Its is a permanent body modification which involves scratching, etching, or some sort of superficial cutting or incision to the skin. The practice is usually carried out as a rite of passage, common to African tribes. This eye-catching bag is a must-have for short breaks or for just toting around the city thanks to its practical size. I fell in love with it. So much so that I fall sick. U can say, I was love sick.

The problem with Louis Vuitton Runway bags is that they are all limited. Stores are usually supplied with 1 or 2 bags, which is usually snapped up by Louis Vuitton VICs (aka Very Important Customers). So what is a guy like me is supposed to do. Go bid for a bag from EBAY of course. Unfortunately for me, there are unscrupulous people who makes tons of money selling exclusive bags like the Monogram Revelation. These people are usually VIC or just plain lucky. The asking price of these bags are usually a lot more expensive than the retail price.

Somehow, I managed to get the bag. I was in lvoe. and still is.

It is beautiful. I have yet to see anyone wearing this particular piece. I was so in LVOE... UNTIL ONE DAY, BONO came along.

Look at what Bono, and especially, his wife Ali Hewson is wearing. Another Monogram Revelation. A brown one. And look at the bag charm. Wow! I just have got to have it. As luck would have it, no one at the boutique knows what I was blabbering about when I asked for the Bono bag. The store supervisor had to check with the regional office (I was very one of the first to know about the bag. I promised myself that I would not get anything from EBAY ever again). I was lucky, the bag was about to be shipped and I managed to secure me 1 piece.

Here is the Monogram Revelation brown. (every journey begins in Africa).

The bag comes with Masai bagcharm. There is a small metal plate on the charm "Every Journey Begins in Africa" embossed on it.
Internally both bags are lined with leather, the black bag with red and the brown, with a dark brown calf leather,very soft. The brown bag features a leather patch in the lining embossed with "Every journey began in Africa".

I was so lucky to acquire both bags. Here are picts of both.




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment